Killian and Associates Mental Health Group About Us Image

About Us

Killian and Associates Providers

From child therapy and adolescent counseling to relationship problems and personality disorders, our providers want to set up an appointment with you at your convenience. Please click on a provider's name below to view their profile.

Killian and Associates Professional Roles

Killian & Associates offers a wide range of professional mental health services:


A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who assesses for mental and emotional disorders and who generally prescribe medication to alleviate the symptoms of those disorders, such as anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder and psychotic illnesses. Psychiatrists will have an MD or DO degree.

Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)

A psychiatric nurse practitioner holds a Master's of Science in Nursing in addition to the initial nursing education and licensing required for all RNs. They have full license to diagnose and prescribe medication to treat mental illnesses, disorders, or substance abuse problems. They may also work in collaboration with a psychiatrist.


A psychologist has earned a doctorate degree in counseling and/or testing and assessment. They have expertise in the treating of various disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and various problems with coping. They see individuals, couples, and families for counseling and may also do paper and pencil testing for personality, attention problems or other problems. They will have a PhD or PsyD degree.

Licensed Professional Counselors

A licensed clinical professional counselor (LCPL) has a Master’s degree in counseling or related areas. They use various methods and theories by which they help clients solve their problem issues through counseling. They also have expertise in various areas of interest.

Social Workers

A social worker will have a Masters of Social Work Degree, which is considered the finishing degree in their profession. Social workers differ as to the methods of therapy they use to help clients solve their own problems, yet as the title implies, they are sensitive that the solution also needs to work in the group of which the client is a member. They work with individuals, couples, and families. They will have an LCSW (licensed clinical social worker) license.

Marriage & Family Therapists

A marriage and Family therapist has a specific course work and training in the treatment of couples’ issues as well as family issues. They focus upon the interactional system that the client experiences and work to make repetitive patterns that have become rigid make way to more flexible interaction. Marriage and family therapists also see individuals and help clients with unresolved issues out of their families-of-origin. They will have an LMFT (licensed marriage and family therapy) license.